[HPADM] [HPADMIN] keeping telnet session alive

From: Julius Szelagiewicz (julius@turtle.com)
Date: Tue Mar 23 2004 - 10:06:24 EST

Dear Admins,
        I've run into an unpleasant problem with RadioFrequency hand-held
terminals: after a short periofd of inactivity the radi is shut down and
the telnet session goes away uncleanly - all the processes are left
running. The users get new login screen and essentially attempt to run the
same processes.
        My ideal preference would be to keep the session open even when
the radio shuts down, failing that, a clean kill on all the processes
would be better that the current hang.
        I have a script that goes out and kills all the "old" processes at
login time, but as you might have surmised, this has led to mischief -
people loggin in on purpose as somebody else ...
        thanks, julius