[HPADM] RE: SUMMARY:Question on Serviceguard+oracle 9i

From: Mohan Sundaram (Mohan_Sundaram@emitac.ae)
Date: Sat Mar 20 2004 - 06:43:47 EST

Hi Folks,

This is a sort of second summary for this question.

In conclusion, I had referred the issue to HP and it seems HP is aware of such limitations existing for the Oracle9i (infrastructure) in serviceguard setup.

As per HP, it is not recommended to change the hostname, but it has documents of such a problem being reported. The solution is, the application vendor has to take care of any problems arising out of such a hostname modification.

When I conveyed this to the Oracle team, they agreed to use only the oracle Interpositioning libraries for the virtual hostname. They will not modify the hostname explicitly.

The inter-positioning library is the documented method in Oracle and the same was indicated by most of the respondents here.

I am also attaching the document sent by HP engineer to me. I hope I can share this info for the benefit of everyone here.

Thanks once again for all who responded.

Cheers,
Mohan.