[HPADM] CDE Login Screen in 11i

From: Whittemore, Dale (dale.whittemore@lmco.com)
Date: Wed Mar 03 2004 - 12:05:41 EST

On the CDE login screen in 11i, we have the normal "Welcome to <machine name>" and the text area to put in your username. But there is also the following between the greeting and the text entry area:
<machine name>:0.0 - Home example "lanikai:0.0 - Home"

The screen looks like:

Welcome to lanikai

lanikai:0.0 - Home

Please enter your user name
< text entry area>

We would like to get rid of that second line but I cannot find it in the Xresources file where the greeting gets set. Does anyone know where this gets set so I can edit it out?

Thanks

Dale A. Whittemore
Computer Systems Analyst, Senior
Lockheed Martin Enterprise Information Systems
Denver, Colorado