[HPADM] Anyone using Fibre Disk Unit DS2405?

From: David R Antoch (dantoch@csc.com)
Date: Tue Mar 02 2004 - 11:59:45 EST

Admins,

I've just purchased a Fiber DS2405 (JBOD) unit....dual
Controllers.... and will connect it to my 'new' RP5470 (with 2
HBA's)... 11i/Dec 2003 patches.

The 2405 has 8 drives, and I plan to mirror the LV's.. ending up with
4 big LV's ....pretty basic stuff.... I would think PV links are in order
for the redundant paths.

Now, this is my first Fibre Channel unit *ever* on an HP. I'm
reading the manual :)) to familiarize myself with the Hardware Path and
disk addressing standards for the FC disks....

 Do I have to use any FC specific configuration utilities? ...or is
the LVM configuration all that is necessary, once the HW is seen by ioscan?

Any setup or configuration info is appreciated....

Thx,
Dave

for such purpose.