[HPADM] Kernel config error

From: Javier Zayas (javier_zayas@cuc.claremont.edu)
Date: Mon Feb 09 2004 - 14:35:49 EST

When trying to update my kernel through SAM, I came across the following
errors (captured from the samlog). Has anyone seen this happen before, and
if so, how did you get around the error? I am trying to increase maxdsiz so
that I can use the fastsearch tape option so it's not an emergency, but if I
can't make a kernel, that will be as we are going to be upgrading to HP-UX
11i soon. Thanks to all in advance.

Executing the following command:\Ccd /stand/build;
/usr/sbin/config -c conf.SA
M.c -l config.SAM.mk /stand/build/system.SAM\C
@!@2@1076115740@0
Command completed with exit status 1.
@!@8@1076115740@0
Exiting Task Manager with task kc_cmd_regen.
@!@16@1076115740@0
Fri Feb 6 17:02:20 2004 Failed at creating a new kernel.
@!@8@1076115740@0
Exiting Task Manager with task KC_REGEN.
@!@16@1076115740@0
Cannot build a kernel using /usr/sbin/config. The standard output of the
com
mand is shown below:^A^AStop.^Aconfig: make did an exit(1)^A^AThe command
exi
tted with exitcode -71.^A

Javier Zayas
System Administrator
The Claremont Colleges
Administrative Information Services Office
javier.zayas@cuc.claremont.edu
Direct:(909)607-3143
Cell: (909)319-0278
http://www.cuc.claremont.edu