[HPADM] Celular PCI Card

From: Naylor, Jim (Jnaylor@Schnucks.com)
Date: Fri Dec 19 2003 - 13:14:46 EST

Good Day All,

I was just curious if anyone has heard of a cellular PCI card for HP9000
systems I know they have them for PC's. The reason I ask is we have a
warehouse that we send order to many times a day. The problem is that if
the office building that is in front of these warehouses ever falls down
burns down or what ever, then we loose all communications to these
warehouses. For whatever reason the phone company wired every thing through
the office building. To run lines directly to the warehouses the would have
to dig up hundreds of feet of parking lot to get to it and it would cost a
fortune. One work around is to put a cellular card in a PC at the warehouse
and pull the orders to the PC. Then we would have to copy the orders from
the PC to the HP. I thought since they make a cellular PCI card for the PC
that someone might know if they had expanded this to other platforms such as
HP.

Thanks,
Jim Naylor
Unix Systems Administrator