[HPADM] SQL statements to restart hot split Oracle BCV instance

From: Abramson, Stuart (SAbramson@Wabtec.com)
Date: Mon Dec 15 2003 - 18:10:59 EST

Emc_list:
Hpux-admin:

We are able to do a hot split of our STD Oracle Database (version 8.1.7.4),
using the techniques that you helped me with in November:

        symioctl archive log
        symioctl -type oracle begin backup -noprompt
        symmir -f $DB_FILE split -noprompt -instant
        symioctl -type oracle end backup -noprompt
        symioctl archive log
        symmir -f $ARCH_FILE split -noprompt -instant
        #
        SQL > alter database backup controlfile to trace;

We are having some problems restarting the database on the BCV side. We get
a number of (undecipherable to me) oracle error messages.

The DBA with whom I am working on this, is able to start the database
manually using the ascii sql statements below, with the "verbs" on the last
two lines below.

Is this how people do it?"

        RECOVER DATABASE using backup controlfile until cancel
        ALTER DATABASE OPEN resetlogs;

??
                Stuart

STARTUP NOMOUNT
CREATE CONTROLFILE REUSE set DATABASE "HOT6" RESETLOGS NOARCHIVELOG
    MAXLOGFILES 16
    MAXLOGMEMBERS 2
    MAXDATAFILES 30
    MAXINSTANCES 1
    MAXLOGHISTORY 907
LOGFILE
  GROUP 1 '/u2102/oradata/HOT6/redo03.log' SIZE 500K,
  GROUP 2 '/u2102/oradata/HOT6/redo02.log' SIZE 500K,
  GROUP 3 '/u2102/oradata/HOT6/redo01.log' SIZE 500K
DATAFILE
  '/u2101/oradata/HOT6/system01.dbf',
  '/u2101/oradata/HOT6/tools01.dbf',
  '/u2101/oradata/HOT6/rbs01.dbf',
  '/u2101/oradata/HOT6/temp01.dbf',
  '/u2101/oradata/HOT6/users01.dbf',
  '/u2101/oradata/HOT6/indx01.dbf',
  '/u2101/oradata/HOT6/drsys01.dbf'
CHARACTER SET US7ASCII
;
RECOVER DATABASE using backup controlfile until cancel
ALTER DATABASE OPEN resetlogs;

***** CONFIDENTIALITY NOTE *****
The content contained in this e-mail transmission is legally privileged and confidential information intended only for the use of the individual or entity named herein. If the reader of this transmission is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this transmission is strictly prohibited.