[HPADM] Summary: CDE Question

From: Johnson, Craig E (Craig.E.Johnson@icn.siemens.com)
Date: Thu Nov 06 2003 - 11:47:46 EST

Thanks to all who responded, and there were many. All suggested I look for
the file sys.dtwmrc, in various locations. The most complete response came
from Corne Beerse, see below. Thanks again! Great help!

Craig

> Can anyone direct me to where I can find the file that controls the
> right mouse pull down menu under CDE on 10.20? I really need to modify
> this. Thanks!

I can, at least I should be able since I did it in a prevoius job. However,
have to digg deep into memory. I can be off at some points.

For a start, the tool is called CDE but files are most times have dt in
their name.

The install default files are in /usr/dt/... Those should not be edited. If
you
want to alter them system wide, they go in /etc/dt/... (same path inside the
dt
tree).

Then, there is the user updates, you can find them under ~/.dt/, most likely
in
~/.dt/sessions/home/ (if you return to a home session on loggout) or in
~/.dt/sessions/current/ (if you save current session on logout).

In my workspace menu, the title is 'Workspace Menu' and I got some files
with
`find /usr/dt/ /etc/dt/ ~/.dt/ -type f -exec grep 'Workspace Menu' {}
/dev/null \;`
(the command should go on one line, select all between the ``-s.)

The menu you get is the first one from the next list:
the one from ~/.dt/...
the one from /etc/dt/...
the one form /usr/dt/...

btw: there are settings that alter the location of these files but at least
this
  should get you going.

If you change something, do a `restart workspace manager` to have a direct
update. Hence leave that one in somewhere.

CBee