[HPADM] vgimport help

From: Javier Zayas (javier_zayas@cuc.claremont.edu)
Date: Thu Oct 30 2003 - 17:18:05 EST

Hello folks,

So far the saga continues. Still trying to rebuild my server. Thanks for all
the help on fsadm/frecover/vgsync/lvsync. I just ran a vgscan on the system
and got the following output:

jenz2:/home/savedir # /usr/sbin/vgscan -p
vgscan: The physical volume "/dev/dsk/c3t2d0" is already recorded in the
"/etc/lvmtab" file.
vgscan: The physical volume "/dev/dsk/c1t2d0" is already recorded in the
"/etc/lvmtab" file.
vgscan: The physical volume "/dev/dsk/c4t0d0" is already recorded in the
"/etc/lvmtab" file.
vgscan: The physical volume "/dev/dsk/c4t1d0" is already recorded in the
"/etc/lvmtab" file.
vgscan: The physical volume "/dev/dsk/c4t2d0" is already recorded in the
"/etc/lvmtab" file.
vgscan: The physical volume "/dev/dsk/c4t3d0" is already recorded in the
"/etc/lvmtab" file.
vgscan: The physical volume "/dev/dsk/c4t4d0" is already recorded in the
"/etc/lvmtab" file.
vgscan: The physical volume "/dev/dsk/c4t5d0" is already recorded in the
"/etc/lvmtab" file.
vgscan: The physical volume "/dev/dsk/c4t6d0" is already recorded in the
"/etc/lvmtab" file.
vgscan: The physical volume "/dev/dsk/c5t0d0" is already recorded in the
"/etc/lvmtab" file.
vgscan: The physical volume "/dev/dsk/c5t1d0" is already recorded in the
"/etc/lvmtab" file.
vgscan: The physical volume "/dev/dsk/c5t2d0" is already recorded in the
"/etc/lvmtab" file.
vgscan: The physical volume "/dev/dsk/c5t3d0" is already recorded in the
"/etc/lvmtab" file.
vgscan: The physical volume "/dev/dsk/c5t4d0" is already recorded in the
"/etc/lvmtab" file.
vgscan: The physical volume "/dev/dsk/c5t5d0" is already recorded in the
"/etc/lvmtab" file.
vgscan: The physical volume "/dev/dsk/c5t6d0" is already recorded in the
"/etc/lvmtab" file.
Physical Volume "/dev/dsk/c2t2d0" contains no LVM information
Physical Volume "/dev/dsk/c4t7d0" is not part of a Volume Group
Physical Volume "/dev/dsk/c4t8d0" is not part of a Volume Group

Following Physical Volumes belong to one Volume Group.
Unable to match these Physical Volumes to a Volume Group.
Use the vgimport command to complete the process.
/dev/dsk/c4t9d0

Unfortunately, I'm a bit rusty on using vgexport/vgimport commands and I've
been at this for so long I don't trust myself with how I'm interpreting the
man pages on this. Can someone help me with the proper syntax of adding
these disks back into the proper logical volumes? Thanks so much for all
your help, it's been an invaluable tool.

Javier Zayas
System Administrator
Claremont University Consortium
javier.zayas@cuc.claremont.edu <mailto:javier.zayas@cuc.claremont.edu>