[HPADM] Multi-Port Jetdirect

From: Naylor, Jim (Jnaylor@Schnucks.com)
Date: Thu Oct 30 2003 - 11:30:58 EST

Good Day,
I have a sight that I am trying to set up a couple of network printers. The
install a 3-port jetdirect box to connect these printers. I have never
setup a printer connected to a multi-port jetdirect. I was told that in the
windows environment you put the address followed by a colon and text1 for
the first port (i.e. 10.10.10.10:text1). This does not work in SAM when
trying to set up a printer. I would appreciate it if someone could give me
some tips or direction on how to set up these printers. I am running HP-UX
11.0 on a HP9000 K460.

Thanks,
Jim Naylor
Unix Systems Administrator