[HPADM] RE: RE: SCSI: Read error

From: Sabrina Lautier (slautier@amadeus.net)
Date: Fri Oct 24 2003 - 10:11:59 EDT

> "fsck" is common to all Unix platforms.
Oups, sorry, shouldn't be in the path !

> But still, you have to determine which area of the disk is causing
problems (i.e. which filesystem to fsck).
Yes, you're right, it checks filesystem.

> Have you rebooted recently?
The server hung this morning at 3am. The only possible solution to get it
up was to reboot it.
The last message I got before it hung, was the one I posted.
I'm 99% sure that there is a link between this disk Pb and the state of the
server
this morning...
This system disk is mirrored with the 1st one => if it fails, it shouldn't
hang the server !

Since this reboot, the message doesn't occur anymore and all the system
disk utilities return a successful disk state.
The reboot seems to have solved the Pb, but for how long ?
I'm quite new on the company, but colleagues told me that this server
crashes regularly...

Thanks again all.
Rgds

Sabrina Lautier