[HPADM] Connecting an STK L80 to our exisiting HP - Connectrix - Symmetri x configuration.

From: Abramson, Stuart (SAbramson@Wabtec.com)
Date: Wed Oct 22 2003 - 16:27:25 EDT

hpux-admins:

We use ESN Manager to zone and add Volume Access to our HP 9000 UNIX
Servers, Connectrix ED1032 switch, and EMC Symmetrix 8430.

We are looking at an STK L80 Tape Silo (?).

The STK salesman, who is actually a 3rd party VAR, tells us that the L80
runs switched fabric and can be hooked up directly to the Connectrix and
zoned like we zone our EMC today.

I don't recall seeing any HP-UX server to EMC Connectrix to STK L80 options
in ESN Mgr!

How does one connect this up and use it?

My previous experience with STK tape libraries is that they were FC-AL and
ran on completely seperate HP-UX HBAs to completely seperate Brocade
switches to the STK library. No mixing.

        Stuart

Stuart Abramson | Off: 412/825-1434 | Cell: 412/417-1567 | email:
sabramson@wabtec.com

***** CONFIDENTIALITY NOTE *****
The content contained in this e-mail transmission is legally privileged and confidential information intended only for the use of the individual or entity named herein. If the reader of this transmission is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this transmission is strictly prohibited.