[HPADM] RE: HP security

From: Ruby Domalanta (rdomalan@dairy-farm.com.ph)
Date: Fri Oct 03 2003 - 05:58:23 EDT

Hi Guys,

Would like to thank those people who shared their ideas on this topic. What
specifically I would like to have in hand is these thing:

- parameters we can setup on /etc/default/security, aside from those
mentioned below. what else?
        e.g.
                SU_ROOT_GROUP=
                PASSWORD_HISTORY_DEPTH=
                MIN_PASSWORD_LENGTH=

- how can I set up the login timeout. Defined the number of seconds the user
is given to enter their password. Otherwise it will logout the telnet
session.

- how to setup "password should not base on dictionary"
- how to setup password structure. Password should use of one or more digits
in conjunction with at least four or more English (ASCII) letters; and the
resultant password must not be a permutation of the login name.

- using the "Trusted System"; we had defined the "Unsuccessful Login Tries
Allowed" to 3. What I noticed is that these feature don't work on
consecutive manner? Let say, user1 enter got 2 unsuccessful login, the user
close the telnet session and then login incorrect on the 2nd time, then his
account got locked.

- any scripts related to security

Thanks in advance,
Ruby