[HPADM] SWC and 735/125 workstation

From: Jim Langston (jlangston@northeastmedical.org)
Date: Mon Sep 29 2003 - 14:05:33 EDT

Folks,

I have a 735/125 workstation running 10.20 that I've had running at my house for the last year or so with a SWC connected to it for my console. Today, I moved it to my office at work and did all the configurations I needed and actually got things working. Well I made a change to the hostname of the server via set_parms and the box rebooted......... now the box boots, but I can't get to the box via the SWC.... I see the system going through it's testing and doing the checks on the filesystems, and then it as it starts the init scripts, I see the first line when it is looking for a DHCP server (which I'm not using, I have a static IP configured) the SWC hangs........ Nothing, natta, zilch. Is there a way to take this to single user mode? The archives stated I need to change something in the inittab, but as you can see, I can't get there..... I do have an ignite tape of this server at home, but I need to get this up and running and don't want to go through the ignite pr!
 ocess............ any help is appreciated...

Cheers,

Jim