[HPADM] ndd command vs. trashed stack

From: Unternaehrer Stefano (stefano.unternaehrer@ti.ch)
Date: Tue Sep 23 2003 - 11:30:42 EDT

Some time ago, I wrote asking for help about
a "process killed due to trashed stack".
By the way, the killed process belongs to an http
server (TomCat), which uses java sevlets.

Aynel Hossain told me to do some tune with ndd,
but this network parameters are nightmare for me.
Does someone of you have good knowledges on this
domain and give me some light?

At the moment, the config file /etc/rc.config.d/nddconf
contains following two configurations:

ip_pmtu_strategy = 0 (default is 2)
ip_send_source_quench = 0 (default is 1)

I added this lines long time ago, supposing to solve
an old problem. Don't know if this could be related
with the current one.

The http server requires now several seconds before
to reply... when he reply.
I need to do some other tests, but I don't want to
decrease performances instead of increase it :-)
What do you think about changing following values,
could this parameters be related with the trashed stack?

Device Parameter default test?
-------- --------------------------- ------- -----
/dev/tcp tcp_xmit_hiwater_def 32768 65536
/dev/tcp tcp_xmit_hiwater_lfp 65536
/dev/tcp tcp_xmit_hiwater_lnp 8192

/dev/tcp tcp_recv_hiwater_def 32768 65536
/dev/tcp tcp_recv_hiwater_lfp 65536
/dev/tcp tcp_recv_hiwater_lnp 8192

/dev/tcp tcp_conn_request_max 20 1024

/dev/tcp tcp_rexmit_interval_min 500 3000
/dev/tcp tcp_rexmit_interval_initial 500 3000
/dev/tcp tcp_rexmit_interval_max 60000

/dev/tcp tcp_time_wait_interval 60000
/dev/tcp tcp_ip_abort_interval 600000

Thank you for any hints.