[HPADM] FW: Lan0 problems on old E45 server HP-UX 11.0

From: Epstein, Kevin (kepstein@uti.co.za)
Date: Tue Sep 02 2003 - 08:48:41 EDT

Hi All,

OK, I've had a couple responses to my question, but so far nothing has
helped. Here's my situation in a little more detail

Configured the IP and default route at install time.
Reserved the IP in my DHCP pool for the server
Have not configured DNS in /etc/nsswitch.conf or /etc/resolv.conf because I
can't even communicate on a IP level.
I'm trying to ping the machine from the local LAN so routers shouldn't be
the issue.
I've ruled out blown switch ports because I've moved the cable to another
port with no more luck.
I've tried another flylead - also no luck.
As I mentioned before, it does seem to sense when the fly lead is removed
and I'm trying to ping from the server at that time.

I'm not sure at this point what else to include.

Again - TIA!

Kevin Epstein