[HPADM] SUMMARY: How do I direct-connect GigaBit LAN cards server-to-ser ver at hp-ux 11i ?

From: Abramson, Stuart (SAbramson@Wabtec.com)
Date: Tue Aug 19 2003 - 09:45:55 EDT

Thanks to Rick Jones below:

You don't need a crossover cable on GigE copper for 1000 BT.

HOWEVER, you DO need a crossover cable if you are running 10/100 on the GigE
card on copper (why would you do that?). Also, if you are running GigE
fiber you need to reverse polarity on "back-to-back" connection cables.

        Stuart

Stuart Abramson | Off: 412/825-1434 | Cell: 412/417-1567 | email:
sabramson@wabtec.com