[HPADM] Summary: EMC Power Path

From: William Kung (kungw@franklin.edu)
Date: Fri Aug 08 2003 - 10:40:12 EDT

    Thank you all for the extremely helpful advice/information on EMC Power Path. I greatly appreciate the help. Essentially, PVlink will take care of simple Primary/Alternate path failover detection in the system like our HP box. However, if you need dynamic load balancing, EMC Power Path seems to be a very good product to use.
    Again, thank you so much for the advice.

Sincerely,
William

William Kung
614-341-6280
Programmer/Analyst
Franklin University

attached mail follows:

Dear sys admins,

    We currently have and EMC drive connected to our HP9000 rp5470 box. We heard from the EMC salesman that we need Power Path from EMC drives to HP box to do automatic detection and path failover. Could everyone give me more info on the Power Path please? If I am not mistaken, I thought PV link in our box will take care of that. True?
    As always, thank you for any help.

Sincerely,
William

William Kung