[HPADM] help nddconf

From: Ernesto Freyre Ramírez (efreyre@isp.qnet.com.pe)
Date: Wed Jul 23 2003 - 15:42:28 EDT

hi, again, about the previous problem I reported, thank you all, ok, this appears a problem related to "dead gateway", I find some information at the forum of HP, here is suggested to turn off this feature via the command

ndd -set /dev/ip ip_ire_gw_probe 0

and if I want to make this change permanent , I must to set it in the file /etc/rc.config.d/nddconf, and set this lines:

TRANSPORT_NAME[0]=ip
NDD_NAME[0]=ip_ire_gw_probe
NDD_VALUE[0]=0

but I can see in this file all lines are commented, and looks like:

# Example 1: Change the interval for sending the first keepalive probes
# for idle TCP connection to one hour
# TRANSPORT_NAME[0]=tcp
# NDD_NAME[0]=tcp_keepalive_interval
# NDD_VALUE[0]=3600000
#
#
# Example 2: Change the interval for sending keepalive probes to 1 minute
# when TCP is detached. (e.g.FIN_WAIT_2)
# TRANSPORT_NAME[1]=tcp
# NDD_NAME[1]=tcp_keepalive_detached_interval
# NDD_VALUE[1]=60000

so I would want to know if would be correct to touch this file, my question is about what value should replace X if the lines could be:

TRANSPORT_NAME[X]=ip
NDD_NAME[X]=ip_ire_gw_probe
NDD_VALUE[X]=0

X could be 0? what depends on?