[HPADM] Virtual Array questions

From: admin@cf2tree.com
Date: Fri Jul 18 2003 - 18:53:09 EDT

Hi everyone,
Just acquired a rp7410 system running 11i. Also came with the system is a
VA7100 Disk Array. This is my first experience with Virtual Array as well as
Surestore Command, so I have some newbie questions:

1) There are eight 36G FC HDD in the unit, but I see only four 73.4 JBOD disks
when I do 'cvui'. How did they paired up? How do I know which two disks are
in a pair?

2) VA7100 is AutoRaid, right? There is no need to specify the type of RAID, all
aotomatic, right? How do I ensure HOT SWAP feature is enable?

3) For me to use the disk space, I first need to create a new LUN, right? What
is the maximum size of disk that I can create?

Thank you in advance.