[HPADM] SUMMARY: changing FS block size

From: cahyadi.e@pg.com
Date: Mon Jul 07 2003 - 23:34:13 EDT

Hi all,

Thanks to those responded to my query: David Lodge, Ed, Bill Hassell, Ryan, Eef Hartman, Alex Winson.
All suggest me against using mkfs since it will destroy existing data. As the filesystem in question is of type vxfs, they're also agreed changing the block size will not have much difference in terms of access speed as the actual physical I/O will be handled by OS.

Regards,
Edi

Internet Mail Message
Received from host:        bdc-notes003.na.pg.com [155.125.116.11]

Edi Cahyadi-E

07/04/2003 03:45 PM