[HPADM] installing gcc 3.3

From: Ernesto Freyre Ramírez (efreyre@isp.qnet.com.pe)
Date: Mon Jul 07 2003 - 11:15:07 EDT

Hi List, I would want to install gcc 3.3 from the gnu source at my HP 11i, I am reading the "Host/Target specific installation notes for GCC " that comes with gcc, here I can see, that for configure my gcc to exploit the 64 bits architecture I need to set the adequate linker , literally this note says:

"
GCC 3.0 and up support HP-UX 11. On 64-bit capable systems, there are two distinct ports. The hppa2.0w-hp-hpux11* port generates code for the 32-bit pa-risc runtime architecture. It uses the HP linker. The hppa64-hp-hpux11* port generates 64-bit code for the pa-risc 2.0 architecture. The script config.guess now selects the port type based on the type compiler detected during configuration. You must set your PATH or define CC so that configure finds an appropriate compiler for the initial bootstrap. Different prefixes must be used if both ports are to be installed on the same system

It is best to explicitly configure the hppa64-hp-hpux11* target with the --with-ld=... option. We support both the HP and GNU linkers for this target. The two linkers require different link commands. Thus, it's not possible to switch linkers during a GCC build. This has been been reported to occur in a unified build of binutils and GCC
"

Then, what I must to put after the --with-ld option?? I can see I have the link editor at /usr/bin/ld , then would be correct to write:

--with-ld=/usr/bin/ld

Please , if someone already have installed gcc 3.3 at HP 11i I would ask some suggestions.

Thank you!!

Ernesto Freyre
Área de Operaciones
Qnet - Servicios Internet