[HPADM] RE: looking for: MS Internet explorer

From: Beerse, Corné (c.beerse@torex-hiscom.nl)
Date: Thu Jul 03 2003 - 08:26:33 EDT

I've had M$IE4 and M$IE5 for HP-UX in a previous job, I've never seen
pointers to any newer version. It was my reason to absolutly stick to
netscape.

It had hardware requirements beyond limits at that time (1998). It needed
over 100 MBytes memory, just to run and display a simple html page. Then it
was dead slow (on a 712/80 with 128MBytes memory). It appeared to mimic an
entire M$Windows machine, including registry and such.

Hence if you have a reason to need M$IE, keep it in its own environment, at
a PC. Its not worth the resources to start and use it on a HP-UX processor.

If you need something that says to the webserver it actually is M$IE, then
have a look at Opera. As far as I know that realy runs native on unix,
however, I don't know if it runs on HP-UX...

If you just want it out of curiosity, best shots are at HP or Microsoft
websites.