[HPADM] Re: ANY way to do automounter failover on HP-UX ...

From: Alek O. Komarnitsky (N-CSC) (alek@ast.lmco.com)
Date: Wed Jun 18 2003 - 15:29:02 EDT

Sorry to post back to the list, but I have gotten several reply's
from folks including the relevent man pages that show how to do
REPLICATED mounts - I'm doing all that with priorities, etc.

What I asked about was can/when will HPUX do **FAILOVER** with
those mounts. I.e. an HP-UX client mounts SERVER1, since it responds
quickest (or is weighted lower, etc) ... and while SERVER1 is
mounted, it goes down. A Solaris client will (for read-only mounts)
auto-failover to anothet server, whereas HPUX does not appear to.

As mentioned, using non-HP supplied automounter (ex: amd) is NOT
an option here. Again, I'll summerize back to the list and thanx
for the responses so far.

alek

P.S. And since it is a hung mount point, even the Hulkster can't unmount it:
        http://www.komar.org/stuff/incredible_hulk/