[HPADM] omniback free dlt

From: Dan Zucker (daniz@netvision.net.il)
Date: Mon Jun 16 2003 - 22:25:09 EDT

 Hi,

 Two years ago I turned to you for help to convince HP that my
 problem then was not site specific.

 I now need your help again. I am using "Free DLT" pool for many
 of my backups, and I have the follow problem.

 A backup begins, but has not yet written data to the media,
 (an omniback hot backup requires almost 2 hours on my 13 giga
 db40 file system), and the system wants to return free media
 to the "Free DLT" pool. The media in the drive is returned to
 the freepool. I run OB on an HP-UX system.

 Does this happen at your sites? You can run the command
 omnimm -list_pool "Free DLT" |grep -v None
 in UNIX to get a list of protected media in the free pool.

 Please write and inform me what results you get. I'd like to know
 if only I have this problem.

 TIA
 Dan Zucker