[HPADM] SUMMARY - largefiles

From: Ben Le (ble@pcc.edu)
Date: Thu Jun 12 2003 - 17:58:01 EDT

Thanks to:
Alex Vinson
Bill Hassell
Rick Jones

Original problem:
Hi List,
I am having a problem with creating a largefile (6gigs) on a filesytem
mount point. The mount point is /mnt/san which has 50gigs available which
mounted with "largefiles" option on /dev/vg01/lvol1. It is SAN environment.
Here is the more info:

Solution:
It turned out that the "ulimit" in /etc/profile was set to 4gigs limit.
Even though ".proto" set with "unlimited" but it seems "profile" over write
it. The thing is, it worked before until we applied about 40 patches onto
the system.

Benjamin Le
Sr. Systems Administrator
Information Technology Services