[HPADM] RE: vi not working...

From: Hustert Klaus-CKH035 (Klaus.Hustert@motorola.com)
Date: Thu Jun 12 2003 - 10:28:44 EDT

Hi Keshav,

1. try to => export TERM=vt220 and use the vi command again
2. the client from where you try to telnet to the server maybe trying to resolve the ip via dns and this response takes to long.
   Check if the ip is in the local hosts file, if not add the ip. Check the /etc/nsswitch.conf file and maybe change it to the following entry => hosts: files [NOTFOUND=continue] dns

Hope it helps,
Klaus