[HPADM] some issue with rsh

From: IlicR@stentor.ca
Date: Tue May 27 2003 - 17:10:05 EDT

Hi all just short descriptions.

I did upgrade on 10.20 system to HP-UX 11.xx . Everything works fine with
exception of one old application connection that system using rsh.

Basically their work is pretty simple ( GUI based) , but I extract some command
line for testing see below for both environment:

for connecting 10.20

rsh /username=test/passwd=xxxxx hostname "ls -al" -->does work

for connecting system 11.xx

rsh /username=test/passwd=xxxxx hostname "ls -al" --> can't find ls

I did for some additional command. Looks like what is not readinf PATH at all.
There is no specific setting on old system , but still does work. On new simple
it doesn't recognize PATH and application fails. If you specify full path it
does work.
I checked /etc/host.allow .rhosts and so on there is nothing. Something must be
pretty simple and obvious for everyone except me !?

Any comment? Thanks in advance.