[HPADM] Xntpd

From: Johnson, Craig E (Craig.E.Johnson@icn.siemens.com)
Date: Tue May 27 2003 - 15:02:27 EDT

I have xntpd running, or at least did at one time, and suddenly it stopped
working. I even tried forcing it to use the localhost as the primary
server, rather than a remote system, but I still cannot get ntpdate to
complete successfully. The xntpd startup script first calls ntpdate to get
the time close to the time server, before starting up xntpd. If there is
no xntpd running on whatever target you specify, does ntpdate never
terminate? That's what it appears to be doing.

Craig Johnson
Systems Administrator/Sr. Engineer
Siemens