[HPADM] Summary: OpenSSH3.6] and new question

From: Coleman Blake (Coleman.Blake@verizon.net)
Date: Sun May 25 2003 - 08:18:38 EDT

  Thanks to:

Doug Wyatt <dwyatt@KohlmanSystems.com
and
Dmitri Avgoustakis dimitri_avgoustakis@hp.com

Doug had built OpenSSH3.6 and sent information on doing this.
Fortunately Dmitri saved me from having to do this.

I should have looked under my nose first. I have installed HP's Secure
Shell and there have been no problems.

Does anyone know if this product is a NIST validated security product?

Coleman Blake
Peace Corps

Hi Blake,

why not use HP's Secure Shell
(http://www.software.hp.com/cgi-bin/swdepot_parser.cgi/cgi/displayProductInf
o.pl?productNumber=T1471AA), the latest version (A.03.50.000) is a port based
on OpenSSH 3.5p1, and hp provides both installation and maintenance support
on this if you have a support contract for your system. At least you know
its been extensively tested on HPUX.

rgds,
 -Dimitri A.