[HPADM] Summary Re: OpenOffice.org

From: Eric Hunter (ehunter@marsys.com)
Date: Fri May 16 2003 - 10:55:44 EDT

The short answer is: there is no 11.X port yet, but a few people are working on it.

Everyone seems to think it should work fine with the GCC compiler, but I did a google search didnt turn up much info.

Beerse, Corné <c.beerse@torex-hiscom.nl> suggested checking the Porting Center and requesting a port if I didnt find it. I had already checked and requested a port, but havent gotten any response.

I had previously searched the Openoffice.org website and found precious little information, but searching the developers mailing list ( dev@porting.openoffice.org) from http://porting.openoffice.org/servlets/SearchList?listName=dev&by=thread list generated a list of hits on HP going back almost a year.

For the do-it-yourselfers on the list (dammit Jim, I'm an admin, not a developer!) Hans-Joachim Lankenau digihans@wishmail.net has begun putting together a porting document at http://www.a-domani.nl/projects/openoffice/hpux.html.

Frank Gevaerts <frank@gevaerts.be> made a recent promise to post his patches to the dev@porting.openoffice.org list and Peter.Van.Nieuwenhoven@Centea.be has been working on a port to 11.0 since about December.

Eric Hunter wrote:

Does anyone know if there's a port for this, or anyone working on a
port? I'm interested to know what's stopping an OOo port to HPUX. Could
it be access to the HPUX compilers?
-- ---> Please post QUESTIONS and SUMMARIES only!! <--- To subscribe/unsubscribe to this list, contact majordomo@dutchworks.nl Name: hpux-admin@dutchworks.nl Owner: owner-hpux-admin@dutchworks.nl Archives: ftp.dutchworks.nl:/pub/digests/hpux-admin (FTP, browse only) http://www.dutchworks.nl/htbin/hpsysadmin (Web, browse & search)