[HPADM] Summary: HPUX 11 and nis

From: Silvio Cesar Lima (silcesar@hotmail.com)
Date: Thu May 08 2003 - 12:34:10 EDT

Silvio Cesar De Lima
e-mail: silcesar@hotmail.com

o o
\_/

From: "Johnson, Craig E" <Craig.E.Johnson@icn.siemens.com>
To: "'Silvio Cesar Lima'" <silcesar@hotmail.com>
Subject: RE: [HPADM] HPUX 11 and nis
Date: Thu, 8 May 2003 08:16:18 -0700

This looks like a problem on the local host, something funny about your yp
setup. It's not an HP/Solaris issue - they work fine together. Can you
post your /etc/rc.config.d/namesvrs file?
Hi,

I'd like thanks for all people that help me.

The problem was the name of domain, was changed with dns domain.

  Now I can get configure the client nis. My server run Solaris and my
client HPUX 10.20 and 11.00.

Sometimes the following message appears:

" Sorry, ypbind on host colibri has rejected your request."

I configured the client on file /etc/rc.config.d/namservrs and did
/sbin/init.d/nis.client.

My problem is parcially solved, to complete I need run the automount and I
can't get.

Thanks,

Silvio