[HPADM] Regarding problem with lvmerge

From: Gupta, Jatinder P (Jatinder P)** CTR ** (jpgupta@lucent.com)
Date: Tue May 06 2003 - 10:18:24 EDT

Hi All,

Actually we are getting some corruptions after doing lvmerge of database
logical volumes and after
that in Sybase ASE 11.9.2 we got user database marked as suspect.

1) Does the use of the lvmerge command on database logical volumes result in
corruption while the merging is going on ?
2) Is there any option that could be used with the lvmerge command to avoid
these kind of corruptions ?
3) Does HP know any potential problems with this command ? If yes, then is
there any solution that is available or known that could be used ?
4) Does HP know of any other options that could be used while splitting the
logical volumes that could avoid these kind of corruptions to the logical
volumes ?
5) Is there any method or procedure to detect any inconsistency introduced
after the lvmerge ?

Regards,
Jatinder