[HPADM] Re: make_recovery from a different model host

From: vinod kumar (vinodkumarmp@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Apr 23 2003 - 10:03:25 EDT

Hi ,

I have one N4000 box ( which is in production ) .
Business data is on external RAID box with SCSI i/f.

We bought a RP7410 with Hitachi Raid Box . This is in
development so far .

WE are going to switch the CPU box alone .
Means RP7410 will be disconnected from the Hitachi
Raid Box and will be connected to a new SAN . ( This
is no problem )

N4000 ( without the external RAID box- SCSI ) will be
connected to the new Hitachi Raid box ( with Fiber)
.
( with a addisional HP Fiber card) .

N4000 will be development and disaster recovery box
for the rp7410 .

Questions is :

Is it possible to use make_recovery tape from RP7410
and restore it to N4000 . ?
  This is because rp7410 has all tuning /changes for
running the new version of our application where as
N4000 has tuned only for the older application
version .

Or does it make sense to rebuild the box and configure
manually ?

Thanks
Vinod