[HPADM] A500 GSP upgrade

From: N.V.Arun (nvarun@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Apr 15 2003 - 10:04:54 EDT

Hello Admins,

Problem:- I have A500 with 11.00 with latest patch QPK and HWE patches. The system suddenly shutsdown. I am able to access the GSP at this point. When i try to power-on the system the machine does'nt come-up immedietly. I need to remove the power-cord behind and wait for another 15 to 20 mts to boot the system..

PDC is 42.19.

The GSP log throws few consistent errors which keeps changing. Following are the errors:

1. alert 13: system hang detected via timer popper

source = processor

source detail = timeout

2. Alert 8

source 6= platform

source detail = service processor

problem detail = selftest result

3. Alert 10

Source 6 platform

source detail = power monitor

Problem detail = internal failure

 I was thinking it could be GSP firmware issue. Logs are not pointing to processor. I was suspecting GSP card or system board.

 I am planning to do GSP upgrade from A.01.11 to A.01.12 on A500 and observe...

  Can we do the GSP upgrade having the firmware files on a windows or NT server...or should i do it from an unix server only.

Can i put these GSP firmware files on a cd-rom or a Tape and do the upgrade . Is this a possible route.

Any information on this will be greatly appreciated..

Warm regards- RJ