[HPADM] SUMMARY: Memory/Kernel parameter problem

From: Quy NGUYEN DAI (Quy.NguyenDai@gdtech.net)
Date: Tue Apr 01 2003 - 02:39:58 EST

Hi all,
I received many replies from you.

Bill Hassell wrote:
> Well, based on the above info, you have plenty of swap space
> since 0% is used. However, this does not reflect what happens
> when you run the program(s) so there is no way to tell. You
> have 2500 megs of virtual memory but 1910 megs are used so
> I would add another 1000 megs to see if it helps.

Finally, I done:

1) Increase Swap space

# swapinfo -tam
              Mb Mb Mb PCT START/ Mb
TYPE AVAIL USED FREE USED LIMIT RESERVE PRI NAME
dev 1024 0 1024 0% 0 - 1 /dev/vg00/lvol2
dev 2048 0 2048 0% 0 - 1 /dev/vg00/lvol10
reserve - 446 -446
memory 1537 150 1387 10%
total 4609 596 4013 13% - 0 -

2) Increase the parameter maxdsiz to 2000000000

By these modif, I could now use up to 2GB working space in my calculating code
(only 1074MB before). So it's OK now.

Thank you very much for all your replies which save me tremendous amount of time.

Have a nice day

Best regards,

--
Quy NGUYEN DAI