[HPADM] RE: SUMMARY  Adding an additional SCSI device

From: JackTebbe@aol.com
Date: Thu Mar 27 2003 - 11:48:12 EST

Additional summary that may help someone who is saddled with
old hardware such as myself...

The drive I was attempting to add is HVD, which is not supported on an old HP715.

Michael Lampi wrote....

The simplest way to tell if your drive is HVD is to check
the drive model number against the manufacturer's information.

If it is a Seagate drive, then the number is something like
ST32450WD or ST32450ND. The "D" gives it away as an HVD
drive.

What is the model number of your drive?

Another way is to take a look at the circuit board on the drive.
HVD drives have external SCSI bus driver chips between the SCSI
controller chip and the SCSI bus cable connector.