[HPADM] Summary: How do I download jetadmin for HP-UX 11.0 ?

From: Abramson, Stuart (SAbramson@Wabtec.com)
Date: Tue Mar 18 2003 - 17:05:07 EST

hpux-admins:

Thanks to:
        Bill Hassell
        Rita Workman
        Steve Sandau
        Jim Turner
        Ron Anderson

Question:

> hpux-admins:
>
> How do I download jetadmin for HP-UX 11.0?
>
> I used to go to:
>
> www.hp.com/cposupport/indexes1/jahpuxs.html
>
> but that no longer works.

Answers:

Bill Hassell

  JetAdmin software has been obsolete for the last 3 years. The
  replacement is called HP Printer Installer or HPPI for short.
  The interface is slightly different but with a major rewrite
  of the underlying code.

  Finding HPPI for HP-UX can be a big challenge because of the
  marketing terms used to define the products. This will take
  you to all the JetDirect products:

      http://www.hp.com/cposupport/nonjsnav/netprn.html

  Click on HP Printer Installation Software and you'll get this
  (ugly) URL:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Product.jsp%3Flocale%3Den_U
  S%26prodTypeId%3D18972%26prodSubCatId%3D28674

  and select your platform.

Rita Workman

  Just ftp to: ftp.hp.com

        User: anonymous
        Pass: <your email address>

  cd pub/networking/software

  ls for HP* and there it is HP11d621.SD

***** CONFIDENTIALITY NOTE *****
The content contained in this e-mail transmission is legally privileged and confidential information intended only for the use of the individual or entity named herein. If the reader of this transmission is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this transmission is strictly prohibited.