[HPADM] nsswitch.conf ...RE: swxxxx commands only look at /etc/ho sts ? RE: swlist/swin stall <remote host> problem ..

From: Rama, Subu (srama@northropgrumman.com)
Date: Mon Mar 17 2003 - 15:12:37 EST

List:
  I am sorry for following up on my own posts, but I haven't heard from
anyone.

Here is something puzzling.

If I have
  hosts: files dns
in /etc/nsswitch.conf I get the error with name resolution for the swxxx
commands
(without an entry in /etc/hosts).

If I have
  hosts: files [NOTFOUND=continue] dns
it works fine.

Isn't the default behavior for NOTFOUND to continue ?

I now have the Mar 2003 quality pack patch bundle installed on my machine.

Subu