[HPADM] OmniBack II v4.1 patch difficulties

From: Janet Lee (janet.lee@nist.gov)
Date: Fri Mar 14 2003 - 11:26:10 EST

Good Morning Admins--

I've finally installed OB 4.1 on my Cell Manager (HP-UX) and IS and am
getting ready to push out the upgrade to my HP-UX and Win 2000 clients.
Quick question:

On the Windows side: Can I apply the patches to my Win IS before upgrading
the clients? The instructions for the cumulative core patch OMNIBACK_00069
state that the patch should be pushed out to all clients before applying any
other patches, but I don't know if that applies if I haven't upgraded my
clients to 4.1 yet. I hope that I can apply all the patches the IS first and
then upgrade the clients.

Can't wait till I have to install Data Protector.

I will post a summary.

TIA,
Janet