[HPADM] Exiting swinstall with pre-install script

From: Epstein, Kevin (kepstein@uti.co.za)
Date: Fri Mar 14 2003 - 06:29:33 EST

Hi All,

I'm building a sw package, which I will distribute out to all the HP-UX
administrators within our organisation around the world. Basically I've
created a small pre-install script, which I need to run, at the analyse
stage of the install.

The script check to see if a previous version of the software is installed
on the machine. If there is a previous version, the we check to see if the
version being installed is newer or older than the version already on the
system. If the version we are attempting to install is older than the
current version, we want the analysis to fail and give the message that the
installation should be aborted because the current version is newer than the
version attempting to be installed.

Anyone got any idea's on this?

Rgds,
Kevin Epstein