[HPADM] RE: Summary - difference between HP rp2405- 2 ways and HP rp2470

From: Rasheed Tamton (Rasheedt.c@stc.com.sa)
Date: Wed Mar 12 2003 - 05:56:13 EST

Thanks very much to Bill Hassell, Daniel Copeland, Dimitri Avgoustakis, Ilan
Green & Rick Jones.

Below is the summary to my question (which is given at the bottom):

According to HP's web site, the 2405 is an economy version of
the 2470. The 2470 has 4 PCI I/O slots while the 2405 has only
2 slots. The 2470 can be ordered with a 750 Mhz processor while
the 2405 has only the 650 Mhz processor.

RP2405 is a cheaper bundle coming with 650 MHZ cpu's
RP2470 is the same very box just the cpu's are 750 or 875 and costs more.

The website says 17" for the 2470 and 19" for the
2405 but since all racks are 19" wide, this must be some
handled with rack mount brackets of some sort.

HP has created the RPXX05 series with the 650 MHZ cpu's to lower prices and
compete with SUN.
It is preconfigured - such that if you don't need the latest cpu's and your
needs match the pre-configured bundle it is worth.

Please note it is all upgradeable to the higher end cpu's
You have RP2405/1 0.5 GB ram
              RP2405/2 2 GB ram
              RP5405/2 4 GB ram
              RP5405/4 16 GB ram
              RP7405/2 4 GB ram
              RP7405/4 8 GB ram
              RP7405/8 16 GB ram - TWO CELLS

The rp2470 can either come with the 650Mhz or 750Mhz CPU, whereas the rp2405
always comes with the 650Mhz (but you can upgrade to 750Mhz later, since
they are supported).

So we need to make sure that we get the correct CPUs/PCI slots and the
memory vis-à-vis to our initial contract.

Regards,
Rasheed.

Disclaimer: The information in this email and in any files transmitted with
it, is intended only for the addressee and may contain confidential and/or
privileged material. Access to this email by anyone else is unauthorized. If
you receive this in error, please contact the sender immediately and delete
the material from any computer. If you are not the intended recipient, any
disclosure, copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken
in reliance on it, is strictly prohibited. Statement and opinions expressed
in this e-mail are those of the sender, and do not necessarily reflect those
of STC.