[HPADM] Printer Config

From: Mario Mira (mmira@byer.com)
Date: Mon Mar 10 2003 - 14:02:23 EST

Good morning Admins.

I have a question for you guys,
I have a netwotk printer not a jetdiredt card but is a nic card.
My problem is that is try to configure the printer with an IP that has a
different segment than were I am located at the printer will not come
online.
If I give an ip within the same segment it works. Now the printer's IP
is 172.16.5.35 and my WS is 172.16.1.63 if I try to upgrade the firmware
on the printer
from my WS I get the a timeout error I have to go to a WS within the
same segment ( 172.16.5.x) for the upgrade to work.
According to the cisco eng it's not a routing problem but a printer
problem I do not think so but thats were I need your help.

Any help will be very appreciated.

Regards,
Mario