[HPADM] load avg/cpu Q length question

From: Bob Brown (bbrown@harper.cc.il.us)
Date: Mon Mar 10 2003 - 13:46:07 EST

I've got a 2-way RP5470 divided into 2 VPAR's (1 cpu per vpar).

One one side, I have several ORACLE instances.

uptime and glance both point to a cpu queue length of 6-8 (sometimes
more), but I also see the cpu is idling (99% idle at the moment).

I don't see I/O or memory pressure either....so, why would the queue
length be large, when the CPU, memory and disk have bandwidth to
spare?

(hpux 11i, oracle=8i and 9i)

Nobody has reported a slow system (but this is a development box, so
they might not be so quick to report)...but the queue length puzzles
me.

thanks.

-Bob
bbrown@harpercollege.edu #### #### Bob Brown - KB9LFR
Harper Community College ## ## ## Systems Administrator
Palatine IL USA #### #### Saved by grace