[HPADM] [SUMMARY] Itanium2 rx2600 Server Installation

From: Vimal Upreti (Vimal@ohitelecom.com)
Date: Thu Feb 27 2003 - 03:23:46 EST

Hi all,
Special thanks to Craig.E.Johnson, Beerse, Corné & Rick Jones, who provided me information to get the MP Console screen on VT420 Terminal.
Terminal ID & Terminal emulation should be VT100.
Later I was unable to get EFI Manager Screen on the newly shipped Itanium Server. I Swapped the 2 factory fitted Disks on the Server, now I could get EFI Manager screen. It seems one of the Disk doesn't have EFI partition which was setted as default Disk.
Thanks & regards.
Vimal

Hi admins,

I'm new to HP -World. Recently I got a project to install HP-UX 11i on new rx2600 single CPU and 1 GB RAM. Though I believe OS is pre-installed but unfortunately I 'm not getting any display on the screen.

Infact this server was ordered without Keyboard, mouse and Monitor. So I have used normal USB compatible Mouse & Keyboard and other PC compatible VGA Monitor. Is this the cause of problem? Also I tried connecting one terminal (VT420 with VT100 emulation) on the console port and Remote management port but not getting any display. On the front panel I can see System LED flashing which changes its color from Red to Orange and so on.

Please advice.

Thanks & regards.
Vimal