[HPADM] Omni 4.1 to Data Protector 5.0 Upgrade Questions

From: Frank Walter (fwalter@CTDI.COM)
Date: Tue Feb 25 2003 - 11:44:21 EST

All,
Like the rest of you, I've gotten an "offer I can't refuse" from HP
regarding the discontinuance of Omniback and the introduction of Data
Protector 5.0.
Has anyone made the upgrade to DP 5.0 from Omni 4.1?
If so, what kind of problems have you encountered and are there any
'gotcha's' of which to be aware ?
Have they finally fixed that inferior and unstable user interface they
dumped on us with 4.1?
I'm running Omni 4.1 on HPUX 11.0.
Just received the manuals and CD's for DP 5.0 and have it on the back
burner.
As always, will publish any response to this question.
Thanks and have a good day.

Regards,

Frank J. Walter Jr.

Communications Test Design, Inc.