[HPADM] Shared Memory and Memory Windows

From: Lee J Kendrick (lkendri2@csc.com)
Date: Fri Jan 31 2003 - 06:45:39 EST

HP-UX 11 and 32 bit Oracle.

Because of the architectural limit in HP-UX's shared memory for 32 bit
applications, namely Oracle, I'm looking to introduce "Memory Windows".
I've eliminated 64 bit Oracle because it is not certified with our
application and SHMEM_MAGIC because it isn't certified by Oracle. I'd like
to know if any of you are using memory windows and get a feel for the ease
of use, implementation and 'setup'.

All comments welcome .....

TIA,
Lee.