[HPADM] memory questions.

From: ben allot (benallot2000@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Jan 28 2003 - 11:42:30 EST

Hi There:

We had on our 11.0 box some single-bit errors on a DIMM. We are on the march 2002 patch level. I have the following questions to see whether it would help to clear the memory deallocation problem (currently 8 meg deallocated)

1. Are there any HP suggested patch(es) that will address these types of scenarios

2. should we tune the kernel?

3. Reboot the server to see if the reboot actually release some of the locked/runaway inodes

4. Re-seat the chip itself and/or the memory carrier, will this fix the problem?

Please voice your thoughts

Thanks

Ben