[HPADM] HP VUE locale problem

From: Rumi Szabolcs (rumi_ml@rtfm.hu)
Date: Sun Dec 01 2002 - 23:21:03 EST

When I'm setting the VUE locale to hu_HU.iso88592 (hungarian) the
keyboard keys do not write the appropriate hungarian characters
but the german umlaut etc. characters (as painted on the keyboard
which is german). After that I replace the keyboard with a real
hungarian keyboard, but it still prints the german characters
according to the german layout despite that the hungarian locale
is selected and the keyboard is hungarian.

What can be the reason for that?

Shouldn't I be able to get a german, english, or whatever keyboard
work like a hungarian keyboard and print the hungarian characters
when the hungarian locale is selected at login?

Environment: 9000/712, HP-UX 10.20, VUE

Thanks,

Szabolcs Rumi