[HPADM] Ignite install and 64 bits...

From: Christophe Hamerlik (c_hamerlik@yahoo.fr)
Date: Fri Nov 22 2002 - 17:28:28 EST

Hi Admins !

I have a K460 system. i know that this system is 32/64
bits capable.

I want to install HP-UX 11.i 64 bits with Ignite. In
the same time (same Ignite install), after the OS, I
want to install a software which intall either its 32
bits filesets, either its 64 bits filesets (the
bitwise is detected thanks to the 'getconf
KERNEL_BITS' posix.2 call).

My problem is : some time, the software 32 bits
fileset are installed... and conflicts appear with
some kernel libraries when building the kernel
(because HP-UX is 64 bits)...

My questions are :
- Have you got any good docs/procedure/... on HP-UX
(11.i in particular) Ignite installation ?
- Is (are) there some know similar problem(s) with
K460 systems ?
- If the HP-UX 64bits is installed by Ignite, is this
bitwise taken into account before the reboot of the
system ?

In fact, I think that K460 are 32 bits by default. So
when Ignite installed the HP-UX 11.i 64 bits, the
"new" bitwise is not taken into account before the
reboot and so, as my soft uses the getconf call before
the reboot, "32" is returned. As a result there is
conflicts between 64 bits kernel libs (brought by
HP-UX), and the 32 bits libs (brought by my soft) so
... booom !
Do you agree with that ? I did not succeed in finding
docs...

Many thanks in advance for the help you would bring to
me.
I'll summarize.

Cheers

Christophe